Print your coupons here

Saturday, November 14, 2009

What to do with all the free stuff?

First, I'd like to give a shout out to Frugal Living for reminding me that I have a lot of extra stuff I need to do something with.  You'll notice with some of the deals that you can not only get stuff for free, but sometimes products are a money-maker with overages to use toward stuff that you do need.  I will also often find things for free and pick them up, knowing someone can use them.  I know some college students who are trying to save money so I give extra stuff to them, but I still have more that I won't use.

I'd like to recommend Portland Adventist Community Services (PACS) in Gateway as a place to donate not only food & you gently used household items (clothes, linens, toys, etc.) but also a place to donate extra "stuff" you might pick up.  PACS is a unique community service organization because they have a food distribution system, a health clinic & a thrift store (items donated and sold here help raise funds to support the food & healthcare ministries).

I've gotten a bunch of free and better-than-free Theraflu recently so I called the PACS Health Clinic Director the other day to ask if she could use some Theraflu.  She was so thankful and said yes, she could use all I had.  After setting aside a few for our own needs I am still able to donate 19 bottles of Theraflu plus a bunch of other items that I've gotten over the past couple of months.  Here's a picture of what I'm dropping off this week.



As we go into this holiday season, please consider those who might be in even greater need as you do your shopping.  If you see things that a school might be able to use, pick them up and donate them to your child's school or a friend's school.  If you see a good deal on some food or medicine, consider PACS as a place to share with your community!

No comments:

Post a Comment